Saturday, June 7, 2008

Y'ar. There be pirates in my yard.




After a very lazy morning of sleeping in until 9:30 (that rarely happens) we got up and hit the stores for a suit for Tim. It was way easier than I thought it would be and set us up for a quick trip through the rest of the places we had to go. We came home and finally set up the kid's pirate pool that they have been waiting FOREVER for. We then spent a good three hours in the back yard baking in 97 degree heat. I'm not going to lie...Tim and I both ended up in the pool too. It was fun and the kids had a blast. Of course, having some blueberry beer took the sting out of how cold the water felt. We found this stuff in NY when we were there last weekend and fell in love. Today in Wegmans I was happy about two things...1. They finally sell beer in their market cafe and 2. They had the blueberry beer. I picked some up and some obligatory Corona and was on my merry way.

I was excited to find that my carrots have their second set of leaves starting to come out with the frills. And my beets are getting pretty good sized leaves on them too. Tomorrow I'm going to have to put dirt around the bottom of all our potatoes. I was going to do it today but got sidetracked with the pool.


carrots


beets


These rose bushes continue to amaze me. They are putting out so many roses. Tomorrow another thing I need to do is cut off the old blooms. I also need to fill all the bird feeders again. Our crazy birds have emptied three feeders in two days. We have lots of baby birds around here now too. Have to help keep their bellies full.

Not much else on the garden front. Tim and I watered all three gardens this afternoon before we came in. My beans were looking parched. We are planning on using the water in the pool to water the gardens with as well. It appears (on radar) that a rather large thunderstorm cell is heading right for us. Hopefully it won't be a bad storm. A couple of years ago the kids and I had quite a pumpkin patch going and we had a terrible hail storm that ripped holes into all of the leaves.

Have a great day! See you tomorrow.

No comments: