Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First post!

This is my first entry in my new blog. I'm going to keep regular updates on my great garden experiment. This is the first year that I'm really going to try and grow food. Hopefully we'll end up with enough harvest that I will then be able to try something else that I'm dying to try. Canning. That will come later though. I guess I'm starting this here because my little notebook that I have markered on the front "2008 Garden Journal" is starting to show wear from being out in the dirt. I hope to figure out how to post pictures so I can show you all how awesome (hopefully) it looks.

Our neighbor Nancy has been awesome enough to share her yards and her great farming knowledge with us and we are all working together to make a mini community garden area. I'm about three weeks behind in posting stuff. I will have to do some back tracking to update what was planted when and so forth. I hope to look back on this and be able to tell how everything went and if I need to adjust what and when we plant.

I guess I'm going to go play with the layout and try to figure out how to post pictures now.

No comments: