Friday, June 6, 2008

It's Friday!

The peonies that I have been watching for a couple of weeks are now starting to open there little buds. They are so pretty.



The rest of the garden is looking pretty good. Here is a picture of Patchy checking one of our potato patches out. I wonder if we have the potatoes planted too closely. They are starting to get to the point where I'm going to need to start piling the dirt up around the bases so that the potatoes stay underground. I still need to plant the rest of my bush beans over in this patch, behind where all of the tomatoes are. Yesterday when I was tying and pulling the suckers off I noticed that most of the bushes have flowers on them. Apparently you pull the suckers off (new growth in the Y's of the plant) to promote the plant to grow stronger, healthier tomatoes. Instead of the plant using energy to support the offshoots, it uses the energy to make better fruit and to climb better. All I know is that we are going to be drowning in tomatoes and thus will have a lot of spaghetti sauce and salsa to preserve. Yum.

Nancy has 5 rose bushes that have been putting out the most amazing roses. She cut them all way back in the early spring and I wasn't sure they were going to make it. They were just basically little sticks coming out of the ground but it appears to have made them bush out even more and put out an insane amount of roses. I want to read up and find out if we cut the roses off if they will continue to produce buds. This little bud looked so pretty and bright on our gray day.



Gray day. It's not supposed to rain today but it is gloomy out. It's noon and it's only 62 out but the humidity feels to be 100 percent. I will have to go out and check to see if I need to water tonight. It's not supposed to rain until Sunday and even then it's only a 20 percent chance. They are still saying we are going to be in the 90's this weekend. The gardens will need some water so they don't shrivel up. I am thinking that we will probably be hiding in the cool house this weekend. Although the kids will want me to put up their pirate pool. I could go for that I suppose.

This afternoon we will be suit shopping as Tim has an interview on Monday. That was fast. It's in the same town we live so that would be beyond amazing if he can land it and we won't have to move. The more I think about the whole commuting thing, the less I like the idea. I like have Tim around and we would miss him terribly. So, if it comes to him getting a job in NYC we will probably trek back to the Empire state and pay the horrendous rents and deal. It's funny because last time we were at mom's we were joking about how we had to move back to NY because they sold beer in the grocery markets there and they don't here. I guess we have to be careful what we wish for. I'm not above coming back and checking on the gardens though. I'm sure Nancy won't mind. We'll come over and help weed and keep it up. But I'm trying not to think too much about it. Things all happen for a reason and we will take whatever comes our way.

Not much else to report. I am hoping I can get back into my groove after been sidetracked this week with the news. I am not a big fan of change. Have a fantabulous day!

No comments: