Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cool Day.


tomato patch

It's another cool day here in North East PA. I'm not complaining. It's almost 1 pm and it's 63 degrees out. I just spent a half hour out in the garden beds and I finished tying up the tomatoes. They don't seem to be thriving as much as the patio garden is doing. I think it might be that they went into the ground a week later. They do have a lot of flowers on them though so we'll have some tomatoes.

broccoli

Our four broccoli plants are doing well. I think they are like cabbage in that they will produce one head of broccoli per plant, which means next year we might want to double up on that crop too. Behind the broccoli you can see two rows of onions that are popping up.

four garden beds

All in all the gardens look pretty good. We have a ton of space left in a couple of the beds and I am going to see if there is anything else we can plant. I don't know if it's too late to put anything else down. I know it's too late to try to grow from seed but I might scoot over to a nursery over the weekend and see what is still around. I might go to the one over in Dallas because we've always had really good luck in getting hot peppers there. My spinach never really came up. It looked like they were going to sprout up but then we had that one week of 90 degree weather and I think it scared the spinach.

hosta flower

I was checking on my shade garden in the front of the house and I noticed that one of my Guacamole Hostas had put a shoot up and had three really pretty white flowers. I'm very happy with my hostas.

Well, today is Thursday and I need to get back on my weekly house cleaning schedule. I've been off of it since we had the news that Tim would probably be losing his job. We are coming to terms with it and trying to figure out what to do. I know what I need to do now is get my house cleaned and the grass cut.

Have a great day!

No comments: