Thursday, July 3, 2008

Farmer's Market Thursday

I forgot that today was Thursday and it's farmer's market day. Tim stopped in on the way home for lunch and asked if I needed anything. I asked him to get two kohlrabis for me. They were a dollar each. And they are HUGE. He got home and said that there was much more produce this week than last so I had to run over and check it out. This week I scored some blueberries, apples, dill, cherries, zucchinis, a peach preserve and a cherry preserve. It was awesome! I promised Tim that I wouldn't buy any plants, and I didn't. I came close to it, but I didn't.

When I got home I made the pizza dough for tonights pizza and made my first batch of pickles!!

kohlrabi pickles

It's the first time I've ever made a pickle of any sort. These are made out of kohlrabi and carrots with garlic and dill. They have to sit in the fridge for a few days for the taste to develop. I hope they turn out yummy.

Thank you Nancy for my new lavender plant and some more cilantro!! You rock!

1 comment:

Lewru said...

Kohlrabi pickles! What a stellar idea! Let us know how they are. And what brine ratio you used.