Monday, June 30, 2008

Trellis is DONE.


Cucumber trellis. Nothing special, but it will do the trick.

Better late than never. The trellis didn't get done this weekend as planned but it was a top priority this morning. I had to run to Lowe's and get another package of chicken wire for the trellis because the piece we had lying around wasn't big enough. I hope we have the stakes in deep enough and the braces in so that it can support the weight of our little cukes. I saw several cute little cucumbers on the vine already. They look like the mini dill pickles we eat. I can't wait to make my own pickles.

I gave myself 2 hours this morning to work out in the gardens and then the rest of the day will be spent inside making bread and cleaning the house. I still have to plant my Ganzanias and my Asters. I am going to try and get them done tonight. It's a bit cooler out today. Humid as all heck, but cooler. We also had a ton of rain last night. It was crazy. The sky turned black in the matter of five minutes and then down-poured for a half hour. Everything looks much better today. I was happy because I didn't have to use any water and the rain buckets filled up again.

While out in the garden I noticed that the free squash that I got a couple of weekends ago are all covered with buds and soon we'll be able to figure out if they are butternut (I hope) or acorn (blech). I

mystery squash


squash flower


Coneflower in the process of opening up.

Lily opening up.

I need to go get the laundry moving again and feed my starving (not) children. They are wanting to go back to the dairy farm today but I don't think that will happen. I still need to pile dirt up around the potatoes today too. I can't forget about that.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Lewru said...

Love the trellis! How fun. And I really like the before and after pictures of your front yard garden! Way to go!