Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hi. My name is Bee....

And I have no control over my plant purchases. I went out today in search of some Clematis. I've been wanting a couple of these plants since I was at Aunt Mary's earlier this month. I found a listing on Craigslist for a place 10 miles from here that had them for a decent price. Nancy and I headed out bright and early and ran an errand and then went looking for this place. We never found it. We accidentally found another great little farm. We made the mistake of stopping. We looked around and the gorgeous annuals they had left. They said that their spring/summer season is wearing down and they are starting something like 1,300 (or 13,000) Chrysanthemums. I know there is a big difference in those numbers but I wasn't really paying attention. He said that they open the first of May and are STOCKED with vegetables, annuals and perennials. Noted for next year. Exit 159, off I-81.

Anyway, we ran out of time as we had to be back into town by noon, so we never found the farm that had the clematis. I came home and loaded up the family and we headed out in search of it again. We found it this time and I bought two Clematis plants. They are kind of small right now, but I plan on making these into beauties. I'm not sure where we are going to put them just yet because they are climbers. Probably in the patio up against the fence.

white flower Clematis and a purple flower Clematis

The second farm wasn't that spectacular. They had more trees and ground covers. Apparently they've only been operating for a year. The place that Nancy and I had stopped at earlier rocked. I stopped there again on the way back and got these:

$11 worth of gorgeous Torenia, Asters and Ganzanias.

The bird bath is done. I put it out this morning and filled it with water close to one of the feeders, which is empty again!

birdbath

I hope the kid's hands don't scare away the birdies.

We aren't going to get to the cucumber trellis today. I am just too tired. I had about two hours of sleep last night and I'm feeling like I'm about done for the day. I need to pick up the house a little bit and then I'm going to crash for the rest of the afternoon. I hope that we can get the trellis done in the next couple of days.

Tomorrow I will need to plant all my new babies and put dirt up around the second potato patch. I am hoping we get some rain tonight. I keep putting it off because they keep saying that we are going to have a cold front come through and we are supposed to have some pretty severe storms. Nothing yet, and the ground is looking dry. If it doesn't rain, I'm going to have water everything first thing in the morning.

2 comments:

Peak Oil Hausfrau said...

Ha! I am the same way! I spend weeks making my garden plan and then I buy so many more things I can't figure out where to put them. I have to admit I do the same with peak oil - water filters, sun ovens, alcohol for trading purposes, bulk wheat, rice and beans, and oats, and lots and lots and lots of books. :)

Bee said...

Yeah...hubby and I were discussing some peak oil preparations tonight. I've been reading your blog and learning lots. =)