Thursday, July 3, 2008

Blech.

There won't be much gardening today. I feel like poo. I found out I have an infection that I didn't know I had and was promptly put on an anti-biotic. The drug is making me feel yucky and I can't be in the sun too long with it.

I did get out first thing this morning and watered a good part of the garden. We are supposed to get storms come through this afternoon so I didn't water that much. While I was out watering the boys had a fierce checkers game on the patio.

checker battle

And I played some tug with Mylie.

I also re-potted my patchouli. I wasn't sure it was going to survive. It kind of withered up a little bit but it looks much better today with new yummy smelling leaves popping out.

peaceful patchouli

I'm wondering if I'm going to have to re-pot Martin too. He's come back with a vengeance and if he keeps growing I'm going to have to figure something out. I'm not complaining though. I love him.

Martin, in all his glory

I have a potential problem with my lavender. It had all kinds of new growth sprouting up and I thought it was growing beautifully and now it's all droopy and sad looking. It was in a smallish pot, so I've moved it to a bigger pot and am considering dropping it into the ground somewhere. Nancy said that it prefers dry soil and the soil was damp, so it's sitting out in the sun now trying to dry up and hopefully survive.

That is all I have for today. I'm going to try and lay low today and hope that I feel better. I hope everyone else has a fantabulous day!

1 comment:

MJ said...

I wanted to grow lavender a few years ago, but heard it likes really sandy soil (and dry, like Nancy said,). I may be wrong, but it's worth looking up...I couldn't do it without a major rehaul of my soil which is super-clayish! Good luck! Can't wait to hear if and how you have success with it!