Monday, June 23, 2008

Rain.

I was worried last night because I didn't know if it was going to rain or not. We were under a severe thunderstorm watch but it stayed clear all night. I need not have fretted about it. 10:30 last night an amazing thunderstorm rolled through and dumped a bunch of rain. Now I could rest easy. We hadn't really watered what we put in yesterday because it was bright and sunny out and I didn't want to burn the leaves. We watered a tiny bit around the ground when we planted but not enough to do it any good. Woke up this morning to happy plants.

As I was getting ready to head out to plant our new stuff we got yesterday it started raining again. It was a good soaking rain that lasted probably 15 minutes and then it cleared out and the sun came out. I hope the grass can dry off enough before it rains again this afternoon. It so desperately needs to be cut. I did get most of the plants planted. All of the flowers we bought yesterday are in the ground or in their pots. The gerber daisies look perfect in their little clay pots hanging on the side of the brick garage. I also forget to mention that we picked up an Aster plant as well. It's gorgeous.


I counted how many Hungarian Wax peppers that we got for free: 40. That is insane. I got probably half of them planted. I don't know what we're going to do with the rest. I guess we are going to ask around the neighborhood to see if anyone is interested in them. They are pretty good looking plants that all have blossoms and or peppers.


The two beds in the back yard that were kind of empty are now full. I don't think we'll get much more into them. Now all we have to do is make sure it's watered and weeded.

peppers, broccoli, onions and cabbage

wax beans, onions, peppers, cucumbers, and squash (not sure if it's butternut or acorn)

I know you guys are probably getting tired of hearing about Martin, but I can't get over how well he's come back. I guess he just needed a nice sunny window and a spray of worm poo.


Connor is staring down my shoulder waiting for the computer. I'm going to go out and see if the grass is dry enough to cut and then take care of the normal duties of Monday...basically a lot of laundry.

Have a great day!

I was able to get Connor off the computer long enough to post an update. While I was out cutting grass I noticed something? What is this? Could it be?....

potato blossoms!

I need to pile more dirt up around the bottoms of the potato plants. It's neat that I don't really have to weed them anymore because the foliage is so thick that the sun isn't reaching the ground around them anymore.

Nancy's patio is looking quite nice if I may say so myself. I think everything is planted and settling in now. I hope we continue to have the daily rains.

patio

I love this flower!

A pepper on one of the many pepper plants we have.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I enjoyed my walk through your garden. You have an amazing green thumb!

Lewru said...

Hi Bee,
Your garden looks great! I love the pepper rows. Sounds like you might be making some Hungarian wax pickles???
Take care,
Lewru