Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday!

Friday is here finally. Tim is working from home today and he only has to work a half day. Maybe we can go get the stuff we need for our projects this weekend. I also realized the two weeks from today we will be flying to Florida. We never fly, but after a lot of discussion we decided that for what it would cost for gas, hotels, and food for the 18 hour drive...it would cost the same or less to fly. I'm not a big fan of flying. I love road trips. I have fond memories of road trips with my family when I was a kid. You know, the fighting with the sibling over no-man's land in the center seat of the backseat, the asking "are we there yet?" constantly, the fun choices for road side food, the nervous breakdowns of mom...oh the times we had. Tim hates road trips. He is so much happier that we are flying. I guess we'll see how it goes. If the kiddies can behave themselves in the airports and on the airplanes, I might view things differently. Now my only is hope is that Florida doesn't have a hurricane brewing when we are due to be flying.

I got out this morning and watered most of the gardens. I didn't do the beds yet but they looked pretty good. I pulled the rest of the radishes and I'm going to weed out that area a little bit and plant another couple rows of beets. One can never have enough beets. Nancy picked some up at the farmer's market yesterday and I hope it means there will be some pickled beets and eggs soon.

My wax beans have flowers on them now. I still am kind of bummed that the green beans didn't grow. I will try to do them again but I'm afraid it's too late to plant any more now.

wax beans

Here are our two cucumber plants. They will be trellised up this weekend. I'm not sure how we are going to lean the trellis up over the lemon balm plant, but we'll figure something out.

cucumbers

I leave you (for now) with a before pic and an after pic as of today of our potato/tomato patch. I am still amazed at the change in just over a month.

May 17, 2008

June 27, 2008

No comments: