Monday, June 9, 2008

Mondays.

I can't really complain about Mondays. I don't have to get up and go to work. I can sleep in with my wee ones, although I rarely do. I usually get up and get the coffee started and cruise through the newspaper before Tim takes it over. It's even nicer knowing that I don't have to do school with the kids. Plus, today I woke up and found this beautiful lily. The lilies have a ton of buds and this one is out on this bright cheery day.


It's another smoking hot day here today. It is supposed to be near 95 again. We are staying indoors today and keeping out of the heat. We had quite the thunderstorm last night again though. We got more rain out of it this time. I don't think we are supposed to get any storms tonight so we will have to go out and water tonight. A cold front (is there such a thing in June?) is supposed to roll through tomorrow. We'll see.

There is not much going on in the garden today. I did feed the birdies again today. Our little gluttons have gone through 25 pounds of food in the last week and a half.

I also need to thank Nancy for my new gardening book. It's an older version than the one listed here but it's fabulous. Thank you, thank you, thank you. =) It makes me really want to sit down with a paper and pencil and map out the whole yard and seriously look at planting some perennials and expand out more than just veggies. I suppose I should wait and see how the veggie garden works out before I get all over-ambitious and end up with more than I can handle. I should also wait and see where we end up living in the next year.

No comments: