Thursday, August 21, 2008

Proof of life.

It's a good thing those squash plants grew something because I was about to doubt them. They were very close to getting pulled out. But, alas, there is life and hopefully a lot of squash coming. The vines are covered with flowers and the vines are sprawled all over the place.

butternut squash

acorn sqaush

While I was back in the gardens I was pondering Nancy's pear tree. First of all, it's provided entertainment. How, you might ask. Well, I'll tell you. Our neighborhood squirrels have had a field day stripping off the fruit. Then I watch them teeter along the high power line with a giant pear in it's mouth. We've found half eaten pears two yards down from where the tree is. It's really funny to watch. The second thing I was pondering was how much the fruit stinks when its fallen off the tree and is rotting on the ground. Horrid. We are going to have to go out and pick up the mushy fruit and compost them.

pears

Last, but not least today, I wanted to show you guys these beautiful morning glories my mom in law brought over. I haven't figure out where they are going yet. We have white morning glories growing all over the place, but I love the purple in these. I'm pondering putting them on the side of our carport. The carport is covered with ivy right now, but these are prettier.

morning glories...although these are mid afternoon glories.

Tim scored some free baseball tickets so we are taking the kids to the game. It should be a nice night for some baseball. I think I will take Tim's scarf and work on some knitting. I will try not to spill beer on it. =)

I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: