Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lazy day

It's raining all day today so I'm not even going to attempt to head out into the gardens. I checked the rain gauge earlier and we got an inch of rain between 4 and 5 o'clock this morning. I think I can hear our plants sighing a sigh of relief. Yay.

Connor and I both had a tomato for lunch from the garden. They are awesome. I don't know why people buy tomatoes at the store when they taste so much better right out of the garden. Yum. Today, being that it is nasty out, I'm reading a couple of canning books. I ordered a big canning pot and the starter canning kit and now I'm waiting for it to be delivered. I can't wait. I'm also doing some knitting. So, even though it's yucky outside, we're having a pretty good day. I'm chalking it up to a mental health day.

As I have nothing to show from the garden today I'll share a couple of my favorite pictures of my wee ones from vacation.

Aidan, the cannon balling wonder.

He believes he can fly.

Connor, who wore this mask in pretty much every picture I took of him.

They look cute, but looks can be deceiving.

I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: