Friday, March 13, 2009

Sluggy Sluggerton.

That is how I'm feeling today.  I don't know if I'm flirting with another stomach flu or what, but I just don't feel like doing anything today.  I will eventually but for now I'm just going to play with my Photoshop

I've decided which camera I'm going to get and I'm bummed because it's going to take FOREVER to save for it.  I'm going with the Canon EOS 40D.  I have two lenses picked out and now I just need to wait.  Those of you who know me, know that I am not the most patient person.  Thankfully I will have gardening to distract me.  Interestingly enough Nancy told me yesterday that one of the local nurseries that we shopped at last year asked if she or I wanted to work part time through the spring.  Hmmm, maybe that would help in my camera savings...although knowing me I would be spending my paychecks on plants.  I'll have to ponder that a bit more.

I'm kind of excited about tomorrow.  I'm going with Nancy to some garage sales and an estate sale.  I've never really been one for going to them, but I'm going to consider it a treasure hunt and have fun.  I am limiting myself to 30 dollars cash.  I'm looking for some vintage dishes and bowls.  It's supposed to be nice out tomorrow too.  Maybe when I'm done treasure hunting I'll work out in the garden beds and clean them up a bit.  I think we are a couple of weeks from putting things out, but I'm dying to get outside.

Not much else going on over here.  School is running smoothly.  Connor is taking his PSSA tests in a couple of weeks and I think he's ready for them.  We are planning a quick trip next weekend.  The birds are back and singing.  I know, that was random, but I really enjoy hearing the birds at 4:30 in the morning.  They always sound so happy.  The kids had a lot of fun last weekend on our fossil hunt and are asking when we can go again.  Actually, I think Tim found a crystal cave that we are going to venture to soon.  Pretty soon we'll be able to  hit the hiking trails full force again.  We were going to go last weekend after the fossil pit, but it was so muddy and we were all covered in mud from just digging for fossils.  I can't even imagine how bad it would have been if we had hit the ten mile trail.  It was really wet.  

So, yeah, this is  a pretty boring, random post.  I think I'm going to go make a cup of tea and work on some knitting.  I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of impending Spring.

Tulips starting to peek through the surface.


My new shamrock.  I had to get Martin a little buddy. I actually got two new ones.  One of them has red leaves.  I love Shamrocks!

I hope everyone is having a great day/week/month.  Oh, and yes Brian...you should start your tomato seeds NOW.  =)

No comments: