Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Excited.

Last weekend I signed up for a two day class at our local dairy farm. Have I mentioned how much I love love love our dairy farm. We get fresh milk that is completely free from growth hormones. The kids love to go because the farm lets wee ones wander around and look at the animals. And the ice cream...oh, the ice cream. Well, the farm is going to have a food preservation course to teach how to can and freeze food.

We canned last year. I think we were pretty successful with it. We're still alive. We did have the one unfortunate event with the tomato sauce but that will be remedied this year with the pressure cooker. The pressure cooker. Can I just say that thing scares the hell out of me. I think I'm going to let Tim use it the first time.

Hmmm, what else is new? I've been feeling icky and yucky for the last couple of days. I don't know if I'm fighting a flu bug or something but I feel achy all over and my tummy doesn't feel all that swift. I feel like I could sleep all day. Thankfully the sun is out today and that is helping a little bit. It's still kind of cold out though. I'm seriously ready for some warm temperatures.

Oh, I know what I need to do. I need to get on the kids and have them write back to their pen pal. Sorry Brian. It will be in the mail soon.

I think that is all for now. This was kind of a random post. Hopefully I'll have a more thought out one next time. =)

1 comment:

Lewru said...

I was afraid the first time I used my pressure canner, too. Didn't die!