Sunday, February 15, 2009

How did I spend Valentine's Day?


With my favorite boys of course.  

We took the boys to a hockey game.  I absolutely love to go to hockey games.  I have for a long time.  The kids...not really ready to sit through full games.  This is the second time we've taken them to a game and they get bored really easily.  I guess they didn't inherit my love of the sport.  Maybe when they are a little bit older.  They actually said they enjoyed going to the baseball games more.  Huh?  Talk about boring.  I take knitting to baseball games because I'm so bored.  I like baseball games for the Guinness and sitting in the sun.  Hockey...it's fast, it's exciting and there are fights!




We were treated to a fight pretty early in the first period.

We ended up leaving between the second and third periods because the boys were getting restless and the Penguins were losing.  They weren't playing that great and I was getting frustrated.   It worked out nicely though because we beat the exiting crowd and didn't have to wait an hour in the parking lot trying to get out. 

I suppose we'll just have to wait until they are a little bit older for them to appreciate the sport.  I was hoping this year we could take them to a Buffalo Bills game in the fall.  I haven't been to a NFL game before and would love to go.  I don't think our kids would sit through a full game.  I guess we'll wait and see.

No comments: