Friday, August 8, 2008

TGIF!




It's Friday. Tim is working a half day today. My house is a mess. I have a billion things I want to do today and this weekend and I'm trying to figure out my priorities. Not fun. I did get all the bills paid this morning so that is out of the way. I also got out into the gardens before the rain starts again. We had another half inch of rain last night that came down in about 5 minutes. It sounded like a flood gate had been opened it rained so hard. It's only 65 degrees out now and I think the highs all weekends are supposed to be in the low 70's. They said on the newscast last night that we had "fall weather" planned for the weekend. That made me smile. While out in the garden, I harvested some more tomatoes, leaving about 5 on the plants to ripen up a tad more. Tim is going to make his pasta sauce again this weekend and I'm going to try and can some of it.


future sauce

The pear tree still has pears on it. I'm surprised because I've heard that the squirrels strip them off all the time. They aren't ripe yet, so that may be why.

Yummy pears!

Not much else going on over here. I wanted to put up a picture of what Tim got me. It came in the mail today. He ordered it from OrangeClouds115 over at Daily Kos. I wish it had shown up yesterday so I could have worn it last night, but I'll wear it today!

Thanks OrangeClouds115 and Tim.

Ok, I'm off to go figure out what I'm going to do before I throw my hands up and do nothing but knit. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lewru said...

Love the shirt!!! And TGIF indeed!