Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lack of gardening posts.

Sorry guys.  I haven't really posting any gardening posts because it's still too damn cold to garden.  I'm listening to The Prairie Home Companion right now and the local station just said "Tonight lows around 20".  Ugh.  When is the warm weather going to stay put?!  Spring teases us with one nice day and then goes right back to snow and cold, windy weather. Boo.

My indoor plants are starting to look kind of sad.  Next year, I will know not to start my seeds so early.  I actually have green beans that have grown already in their little pots that are waiting to be put out.  We planted peas a couple of weeks ago outside and I haven't seen anything yet.  

I guess my biggest problem right now is that I am trying to push the season.  I need to sit back and enjoy what I have now.  The warm weather will be here soon enough.  I just need to somehow keep my tomato plants alive and kicking.  

Hmmm, what else is new?  Not too much.  The kids have off from school tomorrow.  I'm not sure what we are going to do yet. I guess it will depend on how warm it gets.   I know that I have to make some bread tomorrow.  Did I mention that I got a new bread book?  I don't remember if I've mentioned that.  I'm dying to get into it and start making some bread.  First read through and I'm slightly intimidated, but I will look at it as another experiment.  I did attempt a loaf of English Muffin bread last week and for some reason it would not rise. I think it was too cold in the house.  It finally rose a tiny little bit and I threw it in the oven.  It tasted really good, but it was really dense.  I made a couple of loaves of bread last week and made pizza dough for our Friday night pizza night and with all the kneading that I've been doing, I'm going to have Popeye forearms.  

I'll close with just a couple of pictures from last week:

Patchy turned 2 this week.  He's still the best doggie in the world.

We did have one nice day last week where the kids and I played outside for a couple of hours.

The kiddies outside of The Bullfrog Brewery where we had a fine dining experience with some friends!

And last, but not least, this is for Laurie.  Look at what I learned to do.  =)

My first attempt at serious crochet.  Not too bad.  I ended up doing several of these for coasters around the house and now I'm ready to branch out into bigger and better.

I think that is all for now.  Nothing really exciting going on around here.  Next weekend we have a  hiking trip planned with some friends from NY.  I hope that it's warmer!  I also hope everyone has a great week.

No comments: