Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Big day!

After checking on our little cocoons every day we were very happy to see that two of our butterflies emerged today.  I found them out around 11:30 this morning and the kids were so excited.  They have been monitoring them all day.  At one point I was down on the treadmill and both of them came running down the stairs excited that the butterflies were fluttering around.


This is how a good part of the day was spent by these two.  =)

Waiting for his wings to fill up and get stiff.

Stretching his wings out for the first time.

I guess he got hungry.  I hope they like fresh oranges.


This picture pretty  much sums up my day.  Butterflies, knitting, school books, and my trusty computer.  

I think that is all for now.  You may go back to your regular programming (week).

No comments: