Sunday, February 22, 2009

RIP Rhino

Our evil hamster is gone.  Today was cage cleaning day and she was curled up in a ball.  Tim took the lid off and she didn't attack (like she usually did) and he poked her with a stick.  Nothing.  I was in the shower at the time and he comes in to say, "We have a problem".  He then tells about the passing.  He then went to tell the boys.  I heard the feet running down the hallway to go look.  When I got out of the shower, I was happy (and maybe a little concerned) that the boys weren't sad to see her go.  Connor was singing, "Ding dong, the hamsters dead".  He is a tender hearted kid usually.  Aidan wasn't too upset.  For the last week he's been begging us to feed it to the snake.  I think it's safe to say there will be no more hamsters in this house.  I can't even begin to say how much money we've spent on that beast.  

Here's the funny part of this...yes, we can find humor in everything.  Aidan is having a party next weekend.  We asked him what kind of cake he wanted.  He wants a hamster cake.  We were going to build a cake into a hamster sitting on his hind paws holding a nut.  Now Tim wants to make a dead hamster cake.  I'm trying to talk Aidan back into a Kirby cake.  I guess I have a week to try and figure that out.

RIP Rhino...although I'm sure she's headed to hamster hell.

No comments: