Friday, August 1, 2008

August already?!

Happy first day of August. This year is flying by. It's been a great year so far though and hope the trend continues!

Not too much going on today. There is a loaf of bread in the oven right now and it smells so good that it is making my tummy rumble. It should be done in five minutes and then I think I'm having tomato sandwich with one of these:

I just pulled them and there are probably five more waiting to be picked. I'm thinking some pasta and sauce this weekend.

I'm happy because it's just before noon and I actually have things done this morning. I have my third load of laundry going through. I have a loaf of bread done. I have cut grass at three houses and my kitchen is clean. Not bad for a procrastinator like myself.

Look who lost his first tooth yesterday.

Aidan lost tooth number one. The other tooth next to his gap there is hanging by a thread also. He actually let Connor pull his tooth yesterday. Connor noticed that it was hanging there and said "I'll give you all my money if you let me pull it." So Aidan opened up and Connor yanked. Of course, Connor doesn't have any money, but the tooth fairy paid Aidan nicely for his cute little tooth. Please excuse the mess behind Aidan. He got his school books yesterday and I'm in the middle of setting up the office into a classroom again. I have books and supplies all over the place and need to get some semblance of order here. I think that will be my last major project today. If I can get that done then I can enjoy my weekend. I'm hoping there will be some weed pulling this weekend.

Uh oh. The kids are getting feisty for lunch. The bread just came out and they are buzzing all over it screaming how hungry they are. I should go feed them and start my pizza dough for pizza night tonight. I hope everyone has a great day and an awesome August!

2 comments:

Lewru said...

At some point, if you feel like it, I'd be interested in your experience with homeschooling (you do homeschool, right? I didn't make that up, did I?).

Bee said...

Yes, I homeschool. My oldest is starting third grade and my youngest is starting Kindergarten this year. Neither one of them have set foot in a public school. =)