Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blogging bug hit.

I guess the time and energy that I put into this blog is paying off.  Connor has decided that he wants to start and run a blog.  I say go for it.  He actually wants to write?  Who am I to stand in his way?  I think it will be good for him and he's so excited about having one.  Aidan wants one too and I told him that if he is reading by the end of kindergarten, he can start one too.  Until then, he can guest write on Connor's.

What else is new?  Hmmm...Not too much.  We got the closets 90 percent done last weekend but then both Tim and I came down with the kids' colds and couldn't finish. It will be added to the weekend list for the upcoming weekend.  This weekend we are supposed to work outside and pick up a bit.  I suppose how much we get accomplished will depend on what the temps are.  They are supposed to be brutal.  

I'm also happy to report that one of our credit cards is officially paid off!  This is big news.  We are very happy.  We are very close to paying off the other credit card as well and then the only debt we will have will be the student loans.  Wahoo.  This is pretty exciting.  We've worked hard at this goal and it was so nice to pay the one off.  

Not too much else going on.  The kids are trucking along in school.  Connor just did a reading benchmark with his teacher and he did awesome.  I knew he would.  He had to do three timed readings to see how many words a minute he can read.  The first one he did was 130 words, the second one he did was 156 words and the third reading was 133. Why the difference?  Because on the first and last reading he was reading with such emphasis and drama that it was taking away from his numbers.  The second one he just read straight through after his teacher mentioned to just concentrate on reading.  After it was done I had to explain to him that while it was awesome for him to put such feeling into the reading and how it made it fun to listen to, he needed to just read on tests like this.  His teacher did say he was reading at an advanced level and that made me feel good.  

That being said, it's time to get back to school with the wee ones.  Hope everyone is having a great week.  Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics up again...it's just that there isn't much going on right now.

4 comments:

that guy said...

syd has been wanting to too, but blogger tos says >=13 supposed to be 6 and with a wind chill advisory here tonight in memphis

Bee said...

I didn't see that. I don't see a problem with it because we have it set to invited readers only. Let her have one. =)

Our low is 2 tonight and -4 tomorrow night.

that guy said...

i realize you can set it to let only invited readers read it, but also, if they determine you are in violation of TOS, they will remove the account. And maybe yours too, since you talked about setting it up.

Bee said...

Good point...we'll have to figure out some other outlet for him to blog. It would suck to lose my blogs.