Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Realization.

There has been much discussion around here lately about Connor's work habits in school.  I've been working with him for a while to stay focused on his work when he's doing it and to not pay attention to what his brother is doing.  A lot of times I will get Connor started on his assignment and then I will work with Aidan.  Connor will do his work for a few minutes and thenhe will start paying attention to what Aidan and I are doing.  Sometimes I will get Connor started on a project and then run to do something and come back and find Connor not doing what I left him doing. 

On a whim today I went into the basement and dug out my book of all my school stuff.  I looked at my report cards from grade one through grade four.  Every single grading quarter of every single year (yes, 16 times) my teachers put that I needed to work on my work habits.  I needed to start paying closer attention to my work and not pay attention to others around me.  Huh.  Looks to me that Connor is a normal 8 year old.  It appears he is behaving just as I did when I was his age.  

2 comments:

nanaruthie said...

hmmmm, now aren't you glad your mom saved all that stuff for you? second comment, maybe you were not "normal" either. in any case, i love you both, just the way you are.

that guy said...

now mom is commenting? i think i need to make sure i have moderating turned on. and have it email my phone when someone comments. and edit them all ;)